The Origin Instruments Orby Access Switch features a smooth contoured design that is 2.5-inches in diameter and less than one inch tall. It utilizes the industry standard 3.5-mm headphone jack attached to a 5-foot cable. A simple press anywhere on the top will provide a switch closure with pleasing audible feedback.
Orby is a perfect access switch for emulating alternative mouse buttons, for scanning Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) Devices, for accessing Environmental Control Systems, interacting with simple toys, or controlling any other device that can be navigated with one or more switches.
- Colorful – Lemon Yellow, Cherry Red, Blue Berry and Green Apple
- Durable – Made of High Impact Plastic
- Stable – Includes High-Tack Friction Pad
- Mounting – Integral Threaded Inserts for Hard Mounting
- Dependable – Two Year Limited Warranty
- Reliable – Origin Instruments Quality and Support
•RoHS* = Compliant
(* – RoHS – Reduction of Hazardous Substances. The European Union has implemented a requirement that certain substances above specified levels not be used in electronic devices imported into European Union countries.)
- Diameter = 2.5-inches (64-mm)
- Height = 0.872 (22-mm)
- Weight = 2.75-ounces (80-grams) with Cable and Pad
- Actuation Force = 3.5-ounces (100-grams)
- Cord Length = 5-feet (1.5-m)
- Connector Type = 1/8-inch (3.5-mm) Right Angle Headphone Jack
- Threaded Inserts = #6-32, Brass
- Friction Pad = 0.0625-inches (1.6-mm) thick
- Internal Dampers = High Density Urethane
- Voltage = Less than 32-volts
- Current = Less than 1-Amp
- Conductors = Rated for Severe Duty
The Orby switch features integral dampers to reduce spurious sounds during actuation; while providing clear and audible feedback of the switch acutation event. Orby uses a tough industrial switch designed for high voltage, and current. (The industrial switch meets many approved standards from UL, CSA, VDE and TUV; however, Orby is not rated by these agencies and is NOT designed for switching high voltage and high current.)
The industrial switch mechanism is rated for 30-million operations at 60 operations per minute. Orby uses a cable designed for a high flex environment that employs a strong PVC jacket and high strand count wire for severe duty.
Orby has two #6-32 threaded inserts molded into the base for situations that require fixed mounting. The inserts are separated by 1.1-inches (28-mm) and centered on the switch body. The included friction pad is held in place with a pressure sensitive adhesive. It is shipped loose with Orby.
Orby Switch Includes:
- Orby Switch – Lemon Yellow, Cherry Red, Blue Berry or Green Apple
- Hi-Tack Friction Pad
- Instruction card
- 2-year limited warranty
Shipping to United States only
|For CLEARANCE items click here|
** If you don't find the item your looking for contact us. We're here to help.:**
**30 Day Money Back Guarantee.**
Write to Ergoguys
Page layout and design and Ergoguys name and logos Copyright© 2016 Ergoguys LLC.
All product names are copyright or trademarked by their respective owners.
Ergoguys accepts Purchase Orders from Educational Institutions, Libraries and Governmental bodies. Please fax us at 602-296-7192. For more information please contact sales.
Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.